Image Map

Our Sweet Little Man Turns 1!

30 May 2013

I'm so excited to share Cole's first birthday party with you!  I fell in love with this theme the first time I saw the printable collection from the Tomkat Studio.  I loved the colors, mustaches, bow ties, and chevron!  We've also called both of our guys 'little man', so it was a perfect fit!  It's definitely been a popular theme, and although some may find it overused, I loved it-so I did it! :)  As always, we had a small budget to work with, but that's nothing new around here!
 
So, without further ado, here's our little man's party!
 
 
I found this adorable frame at Michael's! Can you say 40% off coupon? :)

 
And here's the dessert table!  The crepe paper backdrop and cake stands were all DIY projects that cost less than $30 total!  The candy pedestals are actually candle holders from Bath & Body Works with glass vases from the Dollar Tree. 

 
The cake was delicious and came from Amber at Bone's Bags & Cakes by Design.

 
I purchased the cupcakes at a local grocery store and added the cupcake toppers from the Tomkat Studio's printable collection.

 
All of the colored candy came from Party City.

 
The sugar cookies were adorable and delicious!

 
They came from a local bakery, Storybook Bakery.

 
I made the chocolate mustache suckers using a mold from Hobby Lobby and melting chocolates.  They were definitely a hit!

 
I also made mustache straw toppers that everyone seemed to enjoy as well. :)

 
For the centerpieces, I used gumballs as filler and placed treat bags at each table so our guests could take some home with them.  There were also more chocolate mustache suckers in each centerpiece.

 
For the favors, I bagged Reese's pieces, minus the yellow ones, tied them with coordinating ribbon, and added a favor sticker from the party collection.

 
I added the 4 inch party circles to ribbon from Michael's to create a high chair banner.

 
I used orange chevron fabric to create a backdrop for all of our guests to use for fun mustache pictures!

 
We had kid-friendly cheese quesadillas that were cut with a bow tie cookie cutter.

 
We also served little sloppy joes, or manwiches. :)

 
 The punch was equal parts lemonade and blue Hawaiian Punch.

 
I created a banner with all of Cole's monthly 'Watch me Grow' pictures.  It's amazing how quickly they grow up on you! :)

 
And here's our little family before the party started!

 
Had to get a picture of our first little man with his mustache!  Poor Brandi barely had time to snap this before he devoured it! :)

 
And, finally, here's the birthday boy himself!  I think my boys look pretty stinkin' cute with their mustaches!  We had such a great time celebrating our sweet little man's first birthday with our wonderful family and friends!
 
Hope you all enjoyed seeing all the details from Cole's party!  We're gearing up now for Blake's birthday party in June.  He's absolutely set on a Disney Cars theme, so we're going to rock that out! ;)  I have a plan to put a spin on your traditinal character-themed party, and I can't wait to share all of the details with you! :)
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
 
Sources:
Styling: Tash & Co.
Printable Designs: The Tomkat Studio
Personalized outfit: Fancy Pants
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment